Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Comic book hero



I had it wrong. About the fly. The story about the refrigerator was all true, but that wasn't the sketch. A friend of mine back then was inspired by the actual sketch of the fly (which is the same only without color), and wanted to collaborate on a comic book. I would do the giant insects and the background; he would do people, machines and the story. I drew a couple of insects and a background. My astronomy book served as a source for the background. As far as I remember, that was as far the project went, at least for my part. It would be nice to know the story. I recently heard on NPR a scientist speaking about plausible science fiction, and observing that giant insects are physically impossible. That may provide comfort to people who don't like insects as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment