Friday, March 12, 2010

Chain


Chains are pretty darned evocative, aren't they? My favorite story about chains is when my son was three, seriously only three, and we were packing stuff for a move, he came upon some chains, which he draped around himself and walked around saying, in his spookiest little voice "I'm the ghost of Jacob Marley." It was early May.

This was a colored pencil attempt at something I think of as hyper-realism. A little brighter, more colorful and fuzzier than photo-realism. I like the water drops in this, how you almost don't see them, but they provide a transparent liquid contrast to the hard metal. But it's kind of a small picture, and probably doesn't merit that much thought.

1 comment:

  1. i think it does. i like the one link that doesnt seem whole

    ReplyDelete