Thursday, February 18, 2010

Postcards from Southern California


These guys are from the Huntington Gardens at the Huntington Library in San Marino. I would definitely go there if I were a tourist. If I were a tourist in Pasadena, I would also visit the Norton Simon Museum, but I'd limit my viewing to the modern art gallery. Then I'd go outside into the bright daylight and stroll across the Colorado Bridge for a taste of history, engineering, and some real fine views. I might or might not visit the Gamble House, drive past big houses on Oakland, Grand and Orange Grove, or walk around CalTech. I would take the Echo Mountain hike to extend the history, engineering and view themes, and get some exercise. I would eat at Burger Continental, because it's a little unusual, and just screams local flavor. I'd send postcards from the Huntington Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment