Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Joshua Tree


I did this painting in Joshua Tree several years ago. You can figure out when because I was there to look at Comet Hale-Bopp. We couldn't camp, because the campgrounds were full, so we stayed at the Joshua Tree Motel. Easily the funkiest place ever. I still have a beaver tail cactus which was a gift from an old guy who lived there; we got pretty tight with that old guy the one day we were there. I probably remembered his name until recently.

We drove into the park at dusk to go to the ranger talk about the comet, and to look at the comet. While we were waiting for the sun to set and the ranger to talk, I painted this. After dark, we met the photographer, Don Bartletti, who took a beautiful picture of us (me, husband, and one son) with the comet. He mailed us the picture, and I'm afraid I didn't send a thank you letter. So if you talk to Don Bartletti, please tell him thank you and that I love his picture and it's on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment