Tuesday, January 5, 2010


Another drawing, because I'm a little behind on the photographing. I need daylight hours to photograph paintings, and my daylight hours are often spent in an office. Also whiling away the morning so I am late to work.

Anyway, this is somebody else's son at Rock Creek, in his tie-dyed shirt, fishing for possibly the first time.

It has been a little while since I told you where to go. If you haven't already been. You must go to Amoeba Music. It is at 6400 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028. You will find all the wonderful recorded music you can think of, and much that you can't. You can buy used cds with a warranty; you can listen; you can watch a wonderful parade of humanity; if you like music, you will spend hours there. And then there are movies. I don't even look at the movies, because I'm never quite done with the music.

You also have to go to Galco's Soda Pop Stop. It is at 5702 York Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90042. It has an amazing collection of hundreds of different soda pops. Your old favorites, and things that are just beyond weird. Even if you really don't like soda, and honestly I'm not too crazy about it, you will find drinks to savor and love. Then there's fun and memorable heritage candy. It looks like there's a decent selection of beer too, although I haven't shopped for beer there.

I won't steer you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment