Sunday, November 21, 2010

What it isn't






I went out yesterday for my weekly dose of painting. It was raining. I was going to paint from the shelter of the band shell at Memorial Park, but there were people there already who needed the shelter a lot more than I did.

I wound up not painting. I did walk around and take photographs, which is almost always my first step. That was a far as I got. I don't regard myself as an art photographer. But I liked some of shots I got yesterday, not as prospective paintings, but as interesting images as they are.

6 comments:

  1. Are the second and fourth photos of images in a puddle of water? Really cool if that is it. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water drops through a plexiglass wall of a bus stop. Am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dance of rain drops have created a beautiful abstract...the convex and concave reflections are amazing! Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I retreated to my car for a bit. I saw a fence through a blur of drops on my windshield; then I realized the drops were the story - each drop with its own reflection. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these photos are incredible!!! amazing shots.

    ReplyDelete