Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Criticism

This is to be another two-picture post.  I don't like either of the pictures enough to make a whole post about them.  Here is one.
What is I do like about this painting is the way i was able to simplify.  From this.  

Here's the other.  
This one is also rather simplified from the Mount Washington hillside that inspired it.  Although the trees, while stylized, are a little fussy.   In my quest to make my greens more natural than what comes from tubes, I think I went a bit far this time.  The grayish overall tone does provide a contrast to the splashes of color.   I'm not really such a harsh critic of my own work.  I just don't care for all of it.  And I constantly wish it were better.  

1 comment:

  1. I really like these pieces! So true we are always wishing our paintings were better...we keep trying.

    ReplyDelete