Monday, January 9, 2012

Other People's Flowers

It isn't that I could ever possibly grow bored with the flowers in my garden. But after a while the photographs start to look terribly familiar. The reasonable solution is simply to plant more new and different flowers (while continuing to water and treasure the old.) Instead, or perhaps as a prelude, I walked around my neighborhood and photographed other people's flowers.

Forget-me-nots - completely charming little blue flowers

A fantastically strange cactus plant.

Oxalis, also known as wood sorrel, not buttercups

Spring snowflake, I just learned, and now you know too

Bearded iris. It's definitely in my plans to plant some of these.
Have a look at Macro Monday, courtesy of Lisa's Chaos at lisaschaos.com/macro-monday-dewey-web

2 comments:

  1. Barbara....It looks like you and I are bringing up the rear this week...so I am starting at the end and working towards the beginning tonight with my comments. Your macros of the flowers are so pretty. The forget-me-nots and the spring snowflake have to be my favorites. They are so dear and delicate in their appearance. genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely spring snowflake and bearded iris. How nice to have some flowers around. Nothing but brown here. Thank you also for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete