Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Excuse Me


This wonderful home is pretty close to where I live.  The painting was requested by the homeowner with her children in mind.  I like painting pictures of houses, and I will paint yours if you live nearby.  On the day I painted this, I was using my new point & shoot camera for the first time.  It was in May 2016, before I set the date on the camera.  The camera is no longer new; it is scuffed on the edges.  I may have dropped it.  That was how I finally wore out the old camera - repeated dropping.  Meanwhile, I dropped the ball, and despite stating I would blog more often, I have blogged not at all. Something to do with the camera and the date and all the paintings painted between when I dropped the old camera for the last time and May 2016.  Or maybe not.

But who needs excuses?  Making excuses is not a creative act.  It isn't like making paintings, houses, food or babies.  It's a little more like making the bed or promises.  Excuses are made up of truths and lies and rationalizations.  They change nothing.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's a beauty. So you snuck in here after the first of year and I didn't see you! I've done that before, drop my camera. I'm on my third one in about six years. I love seeing house art.

    ReplyDelete