Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Anything Can Happen



I'm sitting here on the cusp of a new year and a new decade.  I'm as willing as the next person to infuse this moment with meaning.  I haven't been in these parts for a good long while.  So the last day or two, I've seen a lot of stuff posted on social media and heard some right from the mouths of humans that 2019 was a hard year, and let's hope 2020 will be kinder.  Yeah, I could echo that sentiment, but 2019 coughed up some really nice moments too.  On a personal level, I experienced two lovely weddings of family members, traveled to Iceland and Tulsa, Oklahoma and points in between.  I read good books and did good works and made art.  A few friends have made it through some big health challenges.  In some of my favorite bits of news, new baby tortoises were born in the Galapagos, and AI is being developed into prosthetics for little kids who otherwise couldn't walk.  And I've remembered that anything can happen.  Which is both good news and bad news.  I've passed the middle of my life, and my expectations trend toward the reasonable.  You know, it's nice just to be here.  But it is solidly within the realm of possibility that 2020, or some other year that hasn't yet happened, could be my best year ever.  It could even be all our best year ever.  However it shapes up, let's pull some good things out of it.  

2 comments:

  1. I thought to come here and see if you have posted again and wow you have. Now I will be looking at the latest. hope all is well in your world. I use to come by every once in awhile but saw nothing new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i love those flowers. I see this was in 2019 - and hopefullly for you 2020 has been good to you. Maybe not so much for the world in general but anyway, here on the mountain where I live I have had peace and good times. I pray all is healed in this world and soon.

    ReplyDelete